Friday 23 December 2011

Artist Names

When deciding on an Artist name, I referred back to the other blogposts I had completed of research on other artists. I noticed that a lot of Artists used a simple name, almost like a statement, such as Rhianna, Beyonce, Alesha, Ciara, Shakira, Fergie and JoJo rather than using their first and last names much like an Indie artist may. This general trend within the R&B genre is very apparent, and therefore it was clear to me that I would like to conform to the trend.

I began playing with some ideas in my head, and came up with a few ideas such as:

  • Alice (The Actresses actual name)
  • Jayde
  • Kara (Too close to Ciara)
  • Sammy
  • Lia
  • Rosie
However a lot of the time, R&B artists names are usually quite original and quirky like Beyonce and Ciara. After reviewing my own ideas, I decided to quiz my peers within my Media class to see if they had any good ideas. A few suggestions were:
  • Alyssa (A play on 'Alice')
  • Jessii
  • Kelly
  • Grace
  • Kitti

To seek more ideas, I posted a question on Yahoo Answers. The question was the same as I asked my Peers.
On my question, not many responses came in, however I found a similar question which has already been asked which had a few good suggestions such as:

  • Malique
  • Willow
  • Etta
  • Angel
  • Breezy
  • Serenity
  • Celeste
After much considering of all my suggested names as well as my own ideas, I have decided to use the name 'Alyssa' as my artist name. I believe that it has the quirky edge to it much like 'Ciara' and 'Rhianna' and also fits the genre nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment