Friday 21 October 2011

First attempt of Editing a CD Cover

After my first photoshoot where I managed to take a series of photographs which I could use for my Digipak, I decided that I could attempt to edit my one of my photos to see how it could turn out.
This is the Photo I am experimenting with.
Firstly I zoomed into the eye to edit it closely.
Using the burn and dodge tool, I made the whites of Alice's
Eye much more white, as well as the 'Glisten' in the pupil.
I then highlighted the eye with the magic wand tool. I Then
wanted to make the blue in Alice's eye more vibrant.
Using Hue/Saturation, I Added saturation making the
blue stand out more.
The Eye finished!
I then highlighted around Alice using the Magic wand tool
again and copied and pasted her as a layer.
I could then make the background black and white, leaving
Alice in colour which looks very good in my opinion!
I Then closely cropped the image to leave half of her face.
I think this looks really effective as well!
As I haven't decided a name for my artist, Just to experiment
with typography, I used the phrase 'NAME'.  I also found a
pretty basic font.
I then Rotated the text to go down the side of the frame.
This is the result of my CD cover experiment!
Although this CD cover is very basic and not exactly how I want to do my real Digipak, I'm glad I experimented with RnB looks for my Digipak!

No comments:

Post a Comment